History or memories of the past is subjective and varies depending on the current and future context.
Past history and the vision of the future are interrelated and influence each other (more detailed description can be found in the chapter “Triune time”): updating past facts affects the future’s realization probability; a particular version (the vision) of the future impacts on interpretation the past facts actualization.
When you are working on reputation it is important to understand that the own history management – social assessment documented facts and events related to the subject of reputational development – is just as important as designing its (the object’s) future.
Moreover, since the object’s history is its reputation basis, the reputation wars are often carried out in past (projected or astronomical).
Retro-correction’s key objectives (in the context of the reputation’s development):
- Historical facts’ identification and interpretation, confirming the subject’s intentions accuracy and relevant in the context of the society’s development possible trajectory.
- Key historical facts protection that may be distorted by interpretations.
- Changing the historical facts existing interpretation relevant today and in the future (in the context of the subjects’ future moving trajectory).
It is important to understand that the manageable history “depth” is divided into two major parts: “before” and “after” Internet. And these pieces have varying degrees of control.
History management can be divided into two main parts:
- Interpretations adjustment for already happened events.
- Required events development (and their interpretations) which become history (in the context of the development of the future).
Interpretations adjustment for already happened events is a traditional acting way for subjects to strengthen their intentions reliability.
Regular history “revision” (as the interpretations of events and “creation” and the new “historical” facts introduction) is typical behavior for many large social objects (countries, political parties, major business systems, etc.).
The purpose of such action is to correct history, to extend subject’s presence in it. It is important to realize that the Internet divided history into two essential parts, each of which at different speeds and with different quality and in different volumes and with different granularity fixed these facts and events interpretation.
In the next few years it still will be easy enough for subjects of different levels to “fill” their own history: strengthening / weakening the certain events’ weighting, the adjustment of their interpretation, alternative historical versions’ formation of and so on. Thus in modern world we have already seen active “historic war”: different interpretations of the history collision, new facts creation and exposure, etc.
The basic techniques that are used to adjust the history perception that has already happened (astronomical past):
- “The significance inspection” – certain historical events weight and their impact on the further trajectory of the social system or the subject revision.
- “The authorship competition” – the fight for the founder’s title and / or the important fact (law, invention) discoverer and subject (the social system) lock in the leadership’s history.
- “The interpretation’s justification” – the formation of new (current correction) facts or events interpretation with a view to better synchronize with the current and future behavior of the subject (social system).
- “Alternative history” – stories alternate versions formation that highlight the correct / faulty behavior of the subject (social system), which is fixed in the common historical version.
- “Discovered facts” – an introduction to the generally accepted version of the history new (little known or completely fictional) facts and events, which can act as a “historical markers” to increase / destroy current and future actions of the subject (social system) reliability.
Necessary events development that will become history is a development tool of the future (more detailed description can be found in the chapter “Future development”).
Its use is quite simple: the developer while staying in the projected future understand what events (facts) will be needed to implement his vision of the future, and plans to their appearance in the near astronomical future of the subject that is from the developer’s perspective is in the projected past.
This approach allows to pre-create the necessary reference points that are unobtrusive (and accordingly – not likely to be attacked) from the “contemporary” point of view and which significantly increase the accuracy of the subject’s actions in the implementation’s process of the developed future.
It is important to understand that because the future development (at least at the moment on the existing technological base) produced in different versions, and the formation of such a projected past performed on a “redundancy”. Thus much more these “historical markers” are made than can be used in the work. In fact, these markers create (marked up) each of the main ways of the “road map” to achieve the future.